Jesus said ” 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' “ Luke 10:27
Jesus gave us two simple commands, love God and love our neighbors. We want to see our neighborhoods transformed by people who care enough to be great neighbors, to love our neighbors to the life-giving power of the gospel.
What We Proclaim download our complete statement of faith here
We proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. We proclaim the grand story of humanity's creation, fall, redemption, and restoration.
CREATION: Every one of us created in the image of God and are intended to point all of our lives back to our Creator by loving God and loving others.
FALL: We have rebelled against God and have all inherited a sin nature. We have exchanged God’s sovereign rule of our lives, for our own self rule.
REDEMPTION: Despite our rebellion God graciously offers us a way back to Him. He sent His Son to die on our behalf. Jesus Christ is God Himself. Therefore, He met the righteous and just requirements needed to put us back under the rule of God. Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection demonstrated his power over death, proving once and for all that He is the only way to God. There is no other way back to God than through Jesus Christ.
RESTORATION: Jesus Christ will come back again to restore this broken world and take home all that have a relationship with Him.
- The Scriptures are true, authoritative and sufficient.
- There is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- All things exist for the glory of God.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, His work to reveal Christ to the world, to convict people of their sins, His indwelling presence in every one who believes, which enables that believer to grow in godliness in respect to his or her salvation.
- All humanity—Christ excluded—is sinful by both birth and action. And are deserving of the penalty for sin, which is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin, physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return.
- The saved will be resurrected in body and be raised to eternal intimacy with God in His presence in a new earth and heaven. The lost will be raised to eternal punishment in a literal Hell.
- Only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy.
What We Value
DEPENDENCY ON PRAYER: WE ARE DEPENDENT
We are committed to listening and hearing from God every day. We realize that this is Christ’s church and we must be constantly asking Him for His direction and wisdom.
BIBLICAL AUTHORITY IN PREACHING: WE ARE UNDER AUTHORITY
We know that there are better communicators than us. We know that you could find them with only a few quick strokes of the keyboard and a search engine. (Please don’t do that right now, stick with us) But we also know that it is not the communicator that is the power for changing your life, it is God and His word. We believe the Bible is God’s inerrant truth and it is the foundation to everything we do.
EXCELLENCE IN ENVIRONMENTS: WE ARE PASSIONATE
We desire excellence in all that we do. In this attempt for excellence we do not want to create unrealistic perfectionism, but instead want to pursue greatness in everything we do. We want to bring our best to every area of our church. We desire to “bring it” in our teachings, small groups, music, how we take care of your kids, and even our atmosphere, to reflect our love for Christ.
AUTHENTICITY IN RELATIONSHIPS: WE ARE GENUINE
We try to not take ourselves too seriously, but we do take relationships seriously. We desire to be authentic in our relationships. We believe we cannot grow deeper with Jesus or deeper with others unless we are real.
INTENTIONAL ABOUT MULTIPLICATION: WE ARE ON MISSION
We are commanded as Christ followers to be intentional about making Christ known.We must not hide or run from sharing the gospel, but instead see if for what it is: the life changing, good news, that Christ is God.
SACRIFICIAL IN SERVING: WE ARE SERVANTS
Serving is a crucial part of being a Christian. Jesus himself came, not to be served, but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many. We share our lives, our resources, and our talents to help one another on our journey to become sacrificial followers of Jesus who gave his life as a ransom for many.
PASSIONATE IN GROWTH: WE ARE GROWING
We don’t expect everyone who steps foot into our church to be a Christ follower, but we do expect anyone who has a relationship with Christ to be growing. All living things grow! We desire to be a safe place for everyone, but safe doesn’t mean comfortable. We often grow only when we are pushed out of our comfort zone.